For the second time around , our friend from the land down under, has compiled a mixtape full of delicious beats that are exactly what the doctor ordered to ease us into autumn.
Trained as a graphic designer, Nick Smith is also the founder and editor-in-chief of , an online fashion, music, art and design publication. Through the magazine, he focuses on in-depth interviews with creatives from all over the world and unique editorials. Along with a collective of progressive thinkers, Nick seeks to push the boundaries of what an online magazine can be.
We first discovered Nick through his graphic design work and , the blog he’s been running on the side for four years. By serendipity, like it always happens in the internet’s expanse, we came across his knack for putting good music together and coming up with easy-flowing mixes. Since his musical taste, much like his visual, is right up our street it was only natural that we asked him to get involved in our mixtape collection.
After his Tourdulich musical initiation back in 2011 with our 12th mixtape, Nick returns to deliver a smashing blend of rhyme-dropping and hypnagogic bass as he plays on subtle contrasts. From alternative hip-hop and some of the genre’s 90s classics to rich and hazy electronic sounds with ever-evolving layers.
1. The Jet Age of Tomorrow – One Take ft. Earl Sweatshirt & Casey Veggies
2. Vic Mensa – Wimmie Nah (Prod. Kaytranada)
3. Alphabets Heaven and Deft – Pride & Joy
4. SOHN – Lessons
5. Craig Mack & Q-Tip – Get Down (The Remix)
6. Smif-N-Wessun – Bucktown
7. Andrew Ashong – Flowers feat. Theo Parrish
8. Bambooman – Sun (Eckoclick Remix)
9. Mr. Scruff – We Are Coming (Max Graef Remix)
10. Swoon – Do You Love
11. Sampha – Without
12. Dego – Nuts
13. Floating Points – Sparkling Controversy