Oliver Kann, is the creator of Mixtape #7 which is a re-release from our archive. Oliver has had a good ear for music since a young age – he developed a slight hip-hop obsession and found his passion in Latin music due to his Peruvian heritage.
Originally from Berlin, Oliver, like so many others, was drawn to the Big Apple and lived there like a true New Yorker for around twelve years. While studying, he supported himself and FIT’s expensive habits with weekly gigs at the Maritime Hotel, local dive bars, and notorious places like the Meatpacking’s former Lotus Club.
Oliver has been in Berlin for two years now and alongside his brother and a friend, he started an irregular club night called Sincerely that takes place at selected venues in Kreuzberg. You’re in for a treat with Oliver’s hip-hop childhood influences in combination with soulful and contemporary beats.
1. A Producer’s Dream – Twunte Too
2. L On The Beat – Horns
3. Close Your Eyes ft. Jay Electronica & Lucy Liu – The Bullitts
4. Flying Overseas featuring Devont√© Hynes & Solange Knowles – Theophilus London
5. Priority – Mos Def
6. Togetha Baby Tourdulich – Ghostface Killah
7. Shapeshift – Dels
8. Gimmie That Nutt [Explicit] – Eazy-E
9. Champion Sound/React – Jaylib
10. Hydrant Game – Quasimoto
11. Tried By 12 – East Flatbush Project
12. Still – JJ
13. Slippin’ – Quadron
14. A Modern Promise – Francis and the Lights
15. I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free – Nina Simone