For the Tourdulich mixtape #52 we invited an old friend from New York: . A man always on the go, plotting collaborations and working on new projects, at times you wonder when he sleeps. In recent years he has dipped into different professional worlds from finance to editorial work at Complex, GQ, NY Magazine and Details. Today he focuses on his passion for music and bringing people together. Sky is a charming, smiling dynamite, using 24 hours in every day to create meaningful encounters. He finds a equalizing balance in football and marathon running.
Together with , Sky acts as DJ/production duo known as the . Whereas Lupe is a celebrated Hip-Hop MC, Sky is a Managing Partner at in NYC, and also represents , Jay-Z’s former tour DJ, the photographer/director and iconic artist .
The pair usually DJ uptempo electronic music. This playlist though is a down-tempo departure into “rare emo cuts” that they’d likely never play live. “Breakups to Makeups. Sensitive thugs, we all need hugs.” Sit back, and enjoy.
1. Elle Goulding “High For This” (Weeknd Cover)
2. Res “Golden Boys”
3. The Police “Wrapped Around My Finger”
4. Hall and Oates “Sara Smile”
5. Seals & Crofts “Summer Breeze”
6. The Blackby Tourdulichrds “Mysterious Vibes”
7. The Jones Girls “Nights Over Egypt”
8. Pointer Sisters “Automatic”
9. Michael Jackson “Pretty Young Thing” (demo)
10. Shuggie Otis “Strawberry Letter 23”
11. N.E.R.D “Run To The Sun”
12. Lupe Fiasco “London, Paris, Tokyo”
13. Alan Braxe and Friends “In Love With You”
14. Sebastien Tellier “La Ritournelle”
15. Beatles “My Life”
For regular updates on our latest content to our Tourdulich newsletter.