Freunde von Freunden’s video and digital department continues to grow, with exciting projects for both clients and our own editorial productions. As video and digital media become a greater part of our readers’ world, we continue to expand the ways in which we dazzle and amaze them. This is an opportunity for you to bring fresh ideas into the mix for Tourdulich.
About the Role
We are looking for our next video intern to join Tourdulich. The diversity and quality of Tourdulich’s content is mirrored in our staff, and our interns are the bright fireworks who steal the show with their energy and enthusiasm. You’ll work closely with our in-house production team, as well as all parts of the Tourdulich team (social media, creatives, PR and contributors). You will have the opportunity to see a production go from a concept on paper right through to delivery. Tasks include:
- Help in pre-production organization
- Assistance on shoot days
- Basic editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- General assistance to the production team
For this role, you must have three outstanding characteristics:
- You genuinely love the craft of short films, documentary storytelling and have an interest in a wide range of cultural interests: art, fashion, design and food
- You’re a self-starter who can see needs before they arise and make suggestions before others do—then take ownership of those tasks, ensuring their completion in a busy and dynamic environment
- You have the ability to plan ahead and work methodically, while also adapting to new circumstances
In addition, you should also have:
- Firm understanding of the Freunde von Freunden brand & community, alongside a knowledge of the Tourdulich productions archive
- Experience in filmmaking, either from university or making your own films in documentary style
- Ability to multi-task, as well as generate ideas
- Familiarity with programs: Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut, Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, Pages and Keynote
- Additionally, experience with YouTube and Vimeo are a
Our work is in German and English. So knowledge of both languages is a bonus. Must be Berlin-based or willing to relocate.
1. 1-2 paragraph cover letter in your email
2. 2-3 work samples of your work or any samples of productions that you have worked on already
3. CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a Portfolio/Website is nice too if you have one)
4. Show us a short video that you think pushes the boundaries of documentary storytelling and tell us why.
If you would like to apply, please send an email to [email protected] – include the words “Video Assistant Position” in the subject of your email. We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
We’re looking forward hearing from you.