Freunde von Freunden is a Berlin-based independent and international publication documenting inspiring people from diverse creative and cultural backgrounds from all over the world.
About The Role
We are looking for our next rockstar editorial intern to join Tourdulich – creating text from micro to macro. The awesomeness of Tourdulich’s content is mirrored in our staff, and our interns are the fireworks who steal the show with their energy and enthusiasm. As a fluent German speaker, you’ll work closely with our writers, as well as all parts of the editorial team (social media and production department, photographers, PR and even contributors). Tasks include:
- Write and copyedit short and medium-length text in German language
- Text translation from English to German if required
- Work on internal or client-related documents
- General assistant to the editorial team
- Update, proof, and schedule WordPress posts
- Contribute to social media as needed
For this role, you must have two outstanding characteristics:
- You genuinely love and be practiced at the craft of writing – it’s not just something you picked up to support your other pursuits.
- You’re a self-starter who can see needs before they arise and make suggestions before others do – then own those tasks and see them through in a busy environment.
In addition, you should also have:
- Firm understanding of the Freunde von Freunden brand & community
- Experience with digital journalism and Social Media fluency
- Ability to multi-task, as well as generate ideas
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, and Social Media platforms
This position is only open to fluent German speakers with a keen understanding of German grammar and style. Fluency in English is indispensable for communication around the office as well as translation tasks. Should be Berlin-based (or willing to relocate on short notice).
1. 1-2 paragraph cover letter in your email
2. 2-3 samples of your work
3. CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a Portfolio is nice too if you have one)
4. Link us to an online article you’ve read this summer that you think pushes the boundaries of digital storytelling and tell us why.
5. Tourdulich is all about diversity of styles. Name two potential guests from completely different fields, tell us why they are interesting, then suggest a location for the two to meet and debate a topic of your choice.
Duration: Six months for students, three months for non-students.
Start Date: ASAP
If you would like to apply, please send an email to [email protected]
Include the words “German-Speaking Editorial Intern Position” in the subject of your email.
We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
We’re looking forward hearing from you.
Best wishes from the Tourdulich Team